Village Vet have a vacancy for a full time ECC / medicine veterinary surgeon to be based at our Hampstead hospital.
Village Vet Hampstead is a 24-hour RCVS accredited small animal hospital which provides gold-standard care for its own patients as well as providing out of hours and emergency cover to over 30 first opinion clinics and a specialist referral clinic in the North London area. It is an amazing place to see a unique caseload surrounded by like-minded staff who want to provide the very best care.
We have a team of dedicated vets and nurses and allied support from our neighbouring referral arm; London Veterinary Specialists (located just across the square). The dynamic team currently consists of over 15 veterinary surgeons with varying degrees of experience from certificate holders to junior doctors, over 13 RVN’s, 3 student nurses, 7 Pet Care Assistants and a well-staffed reception, admin and support staff team.
Our flagship hospital in North West London is looking for an individual with a particular interest in Internal Medicine and Emergency and Critical Care, seeking a complex and varied caseload. This role is unique in that there are no routine consultations or ops expected, instead you would be looking after hospitalised cases as part of a dedicated team with each day’s focus being on appropriate diagnostics, case management client communication and teamwork. You would also see emergency consultations and branch transfers, again augmenting the ECC and medicine focus of this role for the right candidate.
The key skills we are looking for include:
• Excellent medicine knowledge utilising a problem-oriented approach with good record keeping skills
• Willingness to teach and be involved with an advisory role to develop the team with respect to medicine work ups
• Excellent communications skills with clients and referring veterinary surgeons
• The ability to work well in a team and an enjoyment of collaborative work
• A certificate or interest in furthering your skills in a very progressive and supportive environment
Excellent rota with guaranteed 4 day week and great weekend balance.
- Veterinary Surgeon.
- We will consider Veterinary Surgeons at all levels of experience.
To submit your application click the apply button.