Develop your career with the Dick White Academy (DWA) and be part of something special!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and enthusiastic RVN to join our Academy team. DWA, based at Dick White Referrals since 2016, provides first class training for those pursuing a career in animal care and our Veterinary Nursing Liaison and Quality Officer is responsible for the quality assurance of practice-based assessors and training practices.
The successful candidate will act as liaison between trainees’ employers and DWA, carrying out regular progress reviews, Health and Safety checks and occupational observations in the workplace.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out progress reviews every 10-12 weeks (either on-line or in the practice)
- Review progress targets and set new targets with both apprentices and employers at the learner reviews
- Act as a mentor for apprentices and as a conduit for information between the employer’s,
the apprentice and DWA.
- Visit practices to undertake occupational observations of assessors for apprenticeship quality assurance purposes
- To be a champion both internally and externally, of the relevant apprenticeship standard(s)
- Visit practices to undertake Health and Safety checks
- Visit practices to carry out training practice approval and re-approval checks when necessary
- Promote safe and healthy working practices, applying and complying with health and safety regulations.
- Follow and comply with DWA safeguarding procedures.
- Participate in training and development activities as appropriate.
- Attend DWA meetings as required.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained where required and compliance with Data
Protection regulations and policy.
Requirements For The Role:
- Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE A*-C)
- L2 IAG certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- IOSH Managing Safely (or willingness to obtain)
- D32/33 or A1 Assessor Awards (or willingness to obtain)
- Clinical Coach of a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Delivery of high-quality customer care
- Working with student veterinary nurses in a supportive and advisory capacity
- To have worked in an educational establishment
- Self-motivated with high levels of accountability
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communicator,
both oral and written
- Able to establish a rapport with students and employers
- Ability to prioritise workloads, work independently, proactively and work under pressure
- Commitment to safeguarding
Skills & Competencies
- Have a detailed knowledge of the relevant apprenticeship standards
- Excellent administration and record keeping skills
- Good working knowledge of common IT software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Student focused
- Awareness of RCVS Training Practice requirements
- Full, clean driver’s license. There will be an option for the full use of a company vehicle (to be discussed further at interview)
- Applicants must have a clear DBS check prior to commencement of employment
- Flexible approach to the role
As you would expect from the UK’s largest private veterinary referral hospital, we offer an inspiring and friendly working environment together with career development opportunities and an attractive benefits package.
If you share our passion for delivering excellence, trust and care then we would love to hear from you.