Veterinary Surgeon required at Pool House Veterinary Group, Lichfield, Staffs
We are a passionate, ambitious, and close-knit team based in the cathedral city of Lichfield. Our tier 3 hospital is supported by 3 local branches. We are close to Cannock Chase and easy driving distance to Birmingham.
Your time is split between working at the hospital and at a branch enabling a client base to be built at both locations and the continuity of your cases. Our branches are 10-20 minutes away from the hospital. The daily rota is split to allow you to perform surgery & work up your cases each day of the week. Salary £30,000 - £55,000 DOE.
We are a close-knit team of 14 vets supported by a large amazing team of experienced nurses and support staff. We all share ideas and help each other and backed up by two certificate holders (ECC and Anaesthesia/Analgesia) along with multiple colleagues who have a special interest in soft tissue/orthopaedic surgery and diagnostic imaging.
· 3 full days and then 1 early finish (4:30pm) and 1 half day (1pm)
· Approx 1 weekend per month; either a Saturday day or night OR Saturday day, Sunday day and night
· Following day off in-lieu except when you work the big weekend when you get Monday and Tuesday off
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-rounded vet who prides themselves on their bed side manner and their drive to provide the best care for their patients.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.