We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Apollo Vets in Dunmow, Essex. We will accept both part time and full time applications. The part time role is sole charge 2 days per week working between the hours of 8am & 7pm and a 1:6 Saturday morning 8am-1pm. The full time role will be a 40 hour week, 2 days sole charge and 2 days working at our flagship practice and a 1:6 Saturday morning 8am-1pm. No out of hours are required. Salary will reflect on experience and qualifications.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide clients with a high standard of customer care and service
- Write up all cases in full, monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing staff, check all pricing communicated back to the client
- Inform clients of test results and update on progress after treatment
- Positively communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and costs involved at all times
- Maintain membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Present a professional approach and smart appearance at all times, ensure an effective consultation process for all patients
- Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports and charges into the PMS
- Understand and comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products
- Maintain personal CPD as per RCVS guidelines
Established in 2000, we are located in semi-rural Essex, 20 mins from Stansted Airport and 10 minutes from main line commuter routes. Our team pride themselves on offering an exceptional level of care and we have an amazing team of extremely experienced Veterinary Nurses who are there to assist and help whenever needed. We have a client base that come to us for our personal approach and our ethos of 'we treat every pet as though it's our own'. We have all the usual toys to enjoy - fully equipped theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound and an in-house laboratory.
Our supportive team is made up of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 of which are just completing a surgical certificate, 1 is in the process of a Dermatology certificate and 1 a Medicine certificate. We also have 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse a Practice Manager a Debt Manager and 5 Receptionists. We are a very friendly team full of fun and personality. We love to help with local charity events especially anything that involves cakes, sweets and chocolates!
The ideal candidate will be RCVS registered, be competent in all routine surgeries and have sole charge experience. Team management or leadership experience would be an advantage. You will be an enthusiastic, passionate, patient and caring individual who is interested and willing to promote and build the practice.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.