BE THE RVN YOU HAVE ALWAYS DREAMT OF BEING!
If you love working with people, we want to speak with you! Yes, animals too, that would also be good!
About the Role:
We are looking for a full time, experienced RVN to be able to join the team to undertake a role including inpatient care, undertaking a range of nurse clinics and being the procedure’s nurse. Ideally, we need someone for 39 hours per week, a very fair share of OOH shifts and the occasional weekend morning, but exact details will be discussed with successful applicant. All of the team are contracted to work at all three sites.
“I've had a really good experience with starting to work here. It's especially great seeing how close knit the team are and watching everyone work together so well. I have been made to feel really welcome and been involved right from my first day.” RVN Talia (started September 2021)
We are incredibly proud of the team we work with. They are all dedicated, hard-working and have fun when they can but when things get serious, they pull together to get things done.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse who:
- Will hit the ground raring to go – we love learning so bring your best ideas
- Loves a busy and varied small animal case load perhaps with an area of interest which is crying out to be nurtured and developed
- Places a high emphasis on client and patient care which is why we have invested in equipment such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray, tonometry, piped gases, multi-parameter monitoring, gas sterilization, Class IV laser, full laparoscopy tower which integrates with our scopes, and much more
- Enjoys being part of a caring team inside and outside of work – Yes, we really do love the team!
- Has competent or advanced skills in inpatient care
- Is comfortable with monitoring anaesthetics for routine, orthopaedic or dental surgeries
- Sees doing our own out of hours service as an amazing opportunity for personal development, enjoyment of case continuity and giving the client/patient the numerous benefits of in-house emergency care
- Can communicate with clarity and compassion - Communication is one of our buzz words!
- Has evidenced competence in undertaking a full range of Nurse Clinics and loves the challenge of these present. Even better when you are supported by amazing Vet and Nurse colleagues whose certificate level knowledge oozes from every corner of the practice
- Has an outstanding pet-side manner means that we know the pet couldn’t be in safer hands
- Has good knowledge and understanding of our feline friends and bunny buddies (we have ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and Silver RWAF Awards)
- Thrives in a conscientious yet flexible and friendly working environment
- Wants proactive, supported career progression to develop those skills even more
- Sees there is more to a job advert than a boring list of obvious stuff (yes, of course we do also have all this stuff sorted out, so we have listed some of them below)
- Wants to work for an independent Practice whose owners are committed, enthusiastic and 100% involved in all areas of the business!
We are a well-equipped, modern, forward-thinking Practice as seen on Morning Live (BBC1) and The Pets Factor (CBBC), which has the aim of being the Vets of choice for clients, pets and staff. We are also home to the winner of 2019 Petplan Vet Nurse of the Year. Our team has grown massively over recent years and we now have 13 Vets, 19 members of our Nursing and clinical support team plus 18 Admin Staff who work across our three North Somerset Practices situated in Portishead, Nailsea and Yatton (all 20-30 minutes south of Bristol).
“It is a fun place to work, with people who are 100% committed to working hard to produce a great service for the customers and their colleagues alike. I find everyone to be very helpful and I do feel cared for and appreciated.” Insurance Administrator Jude (started August 2021)
Our culture is one of gold standards in all we do, forward-thinking development of the Practice and unleashing the potential of our whole team. We have big ambitions about what we do, where we are going and who is going to get us there! Do you want to join us for the journey too?
We know it isn’t all about working with cute puppies and kittens… Well maybe it is a little but don’t take our word for it –
“One major selling point about working here (that I'm loving!!) is that the Management Team care about making sure we don't overwork ourselves. From my experience, things like being able to leave on time, and getting time back in lieu when that's not possible, are pretty unheard of elsewhere!” Vet Louise (started with us in June 2021).
The other benefits we provide include:
- Generous staff discount
- Enhanced sick leave
- Unlimited CPD budget - if it is right course for you and works for the Practice – win/win!
- Holiday entitlement which increases with length of service
- Your Birthday day off – leaving you to enjoy yourself however you want
- Bonus pay rate per hour for overtime, holiday or sickness cover
- Monday off after weekend on call plus protocol to allow time off after week day on call
- Perkbox - access to over 350+ perks, a Birthday Box, free treats and much more
- Online GP and Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing Hub - free online meditation, sleep advice and wellbeing support
- Scottish Widows Pension
- RCVS fees, VDS cover and professional membership fees
- Modern, clean and exciting working environment
- Salary is dependent on sparkle factor
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining your star qualities to Holly Charlton click the apply button to submit your application.