Here at Darley House we have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our wonderful team. We value a pleasant working environment as much as clinical expertise. We now have the opportunity to expand to 4 Vets.
• We are open to full and part time applications
• Full time roles are 4 day per week
• One in 4 Saturday mornings finishing at midday
• We use a dedicated out of hours service so there are no OOH duties
• We do not work on Sundays or Bank Holidays
• When working each vet has a nurse partner so they work as a team
Here at Darley House Vets our reputation is as a friendly and competent practice that has been in Farnworth for 70 years. We have many longstanding clients (and team members). We emphasis a pleasant working environment for both employees and clients . We have good facilities including an in house lab, a very good ultrasound machine with colour doppler , digital radiography etc.
We are currently a team of 3 vets but are expanding to 4. We have 5 RVNs and a dedicated receptionist team.
We have no specialists but there are many locally and we refer cases when appropriate. Many of our staff have been with us for many years.
We are looking for someone who will continue making the practice a pleasant working environment and this is just as important to us as clinical skills. If a new vet develops a particular interest that would be encouraged and we would support specialised CPD but there is no pressure to specialise.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.