My client in the Greater Manchester area is looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse who is looking to take the next step in their nursing career and join their management team as Practice Manager / Lead Nurse
This client currently operate 10 surgeries across the North West and North Wales and the surgery you will be based in is an important surgery within the group, servicing a large client base in the Greater Manchester area.
The new Practice Manager/Lead Nurse will have responsibility for human resources, health and safety, finance and budgeting including debt and insurance, diary management, and the coordination of complaints and investigations of service standards breaches. You will work as a part of the clinical team in maintaining our high standards of client and patient care. You will also collaborate with the leadership team in aspects of strategic planning: They would love to hear from applicants who can help us develop and grow our surgeries in new and innovative directions. You will also line manage their client service team who are the face of the business, so being a supportive team player is paramount.
Duties and Skills Required
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the surgery
- Solve problems swiftly to ensure the business continuity and smooth processes
- Work with the clinical lead to ensure processes and protocols are in place, visible, understood and adhered to.
- Lead site meetings and develop a one-team culture across clinical and none clinical services
- Recruit, train and develop the nursing and client services teams
- Develop and manage strong links between central services and the site teams ensuring site processes effectively dovetail with central process and policy
- Participate in the clinical rota
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Client Experience
- Profit and Loss Performance
- Managing maintenance of equipment
- Regulatory Compliance Health and Safety, Data Control, Pharmacy, Waste and RCVS
- Drive sustainable practices
Are you the right candidate?
They expect that you can balance being calm in a crisis with being fair and firm. You have an excellent understanding of the pressure that our clinical and non-clinical teams are subject to. You are an inspirational leader with a positive and upbeat attitude, and have experience of keeping teams motivated and on track with their priorities. Experience in the veterinary sector is desirable, however not essential. Above all, it’s essential that you share our vision for deliver good, affordable care to our patients: that vision will always be the backbone of the decisions you make.
- Salary scale: £30-36K
- Hours of work: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Location: Ashton
- 6-month probationary contract