Veterinary Surgeon required at Island Vets, Stafford, Staffordshire
Island Vets looking for a veterinary surgeon to join us. A typical day involves both first opinion consultations and theatre work. Lunch breaks and administration time are protected.
We are first opinion progressing small animal practice based in central Midlands, in the county town of Stafford. We have a certificate holder in orthopaedics and general surgery with three other vets, all doing certificates or concentrating in specific areas of expertise so that we can offer the best treatment for our much-loved patients. We have a fantastic team with 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Trainee VN's along with our brilliant Reception Team. Teamwork is very important to us and we support each other to provide the best working environment possible.
We are looking for a Surgeon with some experience to slot into our team of 6 full time vets. You will enjoy working closely within a team but also be capable of doing sole charge when required.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH3397 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.