Most jobs say ‘Looking for a great work life balance? ‘But this one really will deliver! Our popular Uxbridge practice is going through an exciting time, giving us the opportunity to create a rota designed especially for the vet who would love a rewarding, satisfying career but also a home life too and a chance to take advantage of the wonderful city of London!!
The role includes either a Monday or Friday off every week plus one early finish and one late start every week. Three of the days you will be working with a second vet but will be sole charge on the 4th day and on some Saturday mornings, however you will be fully supported by our RCVS accredited Tier 3 hospital in Northolt. There is no overnight work. We would love you to support our hospital colleagues on a 1:8 Sunday daytime rota only and some Saturday afternoons between 2-5pm. The Mandeville hospital has fantastic facilities including a state-of-the-art CT, excellent ultrasound, scopes, an array of specialists and provides a great place to develop your ECC skills and experience a busy hospital environment. The new rota is designed to give on average a true 40-hour week including Saturday and Sundays.
We have a really established clinical team; Kelly our lovely head nurse has been with the practice for over 16 years and Alana our other qualified RVN started with us after recently qualifying. We also have the help of Kitty our SVN and Rachel our VNA, who are training at our nurse college and Debbie our receptionist who has worked at the practice for 23 years.
We have all the usual toys in order to work your cases up to a high standard, including dental x-ray and new ultrasound. There is also the case load to undertake a certificate at Uxbridge and this would be fully supported.
Our Uxbridge branch has been at this location for many years and is extremely popular within the local community. Situated in a residential conservation area close to the town centre with all the shops you could wish for. With excellent transport links with the M25/M40 and Heathrow Airport a short distance away plus regular tube services into central London.
We are looking for a clinician who can fit into our practice culture and values and just enjoy being a great GP. Are you a good communicator who fits well into a team? Would you relish helping to advance our standards of care? Are you able to build trusting relationships easily? Can you manage your time, prioritise well and do you enjoy getting the job done but also relish having a life outside of work?
The salary range is around £35-60k depending on experience. Accommodation is also available if needed. In addition, we offer a £2000 and 5-day CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual and the practice and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays)
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simplyhealth plan which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Accommodation is available, if needed. Uxbridge is a great place to live and work; well served by the Metropolitan and Piccadilly tube lines and is close to the M40 and M25 motorways and Heathrow airport.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- “I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!”
Current Employee – Nov 2020 *Credit Indeed
- “I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.”
Current Employee – March 2020 *Credit Indeed
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness Plans for all our new starters.
We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens for an informal chat or apply now.