Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire
Hours: Permanent, 40 hours a week, 4 - day week, Weekends 1 in 4 on rota, 1 night p/w on call
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. £20-24k per annum
VetFinders are recruiting for our client in Whitby for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse, with immediate effect. This is a fantastic opportunity for 2 years plus qualified RVN, (preferred) looking to grow their career within a successful and well-respected independent practice
The practice is a mixed practice, 70% Small animal, 20% farm and 10% Equine case load.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Competitive salary
- VDS paid
- CPD paid with no limits
- RCVS paid
- 4 weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Accommodation can be provided if needed
We are looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse who holds the same values as the team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, this is not essential, but preferred.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis at 40 hours per week, with weekends on rota, currently 1 in 4, with 1 night per week on call.
A qualified RVN should promote good staff morale and positive culture, whilst leading by example, motivating the team towards the common goal of achieving excellence across clinical nursing standards.
The person needs to be hard working, have a strong work ethic and be a good team player, the practice is a lively and engaging place to work, therefore an engaging and flexible approach is required.
- Ensuring high standards of nursing care in accordance with the RCVS guide to veterinary nursing.
- Excelling at high quality veterinary service and communication at all times, whether within the clinic or communicated externally via marketing and social media.
- Ensuring good preventative healthcare knowledge and veterinary understanding to be able to advise clients accordingly and recognise and act on pet emergency situations.
- Ensuring your service level in the reception and waiting area excels at first impressions to foster excellent client relations, interaction and engagement.
- Performing surgical, radiographic, dental, laboratory, pharmacy, anaesthetic and in-patient care and procedures under the direction of the Clinical Director or a veterinary surgeon.
- Developing and delivering nurse clinics and puppy parties.
- Complying with stock ordering and control levels.
- Perform administration and financial duties as required by the business.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
About the practice:
A modern practice based on picturesque Yorkshire coastline, boasting lots of local history and of course the most famous count Dracula, not to mention it probably has the best fish and chips in the UK.
The practice is a fast paced, forward thinking, established practice with an excellent reputation within the community for the past 70 years. It focuses on development and boosts excellent facilities and a great team environment.
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.