About the Role:
We are looking for a full time Vet to be able to join the team to undertake a mix of consulting and surgery. We need someone for 39 hours per week, a very fair share of OOH shifts and the occasional weekend morning, but exact details will be discussed with successful applicant. All of the team are contracted to work at all three sites, but this role is likely to be at our Nailsea Practice.
“I love having time to research, prepare and work up my own cases. I would say it’s one of the major things I’ve found since being here. It is great having time to follow through on everything and not drag it over from day to day!” Vet Hannah (Started September 2021)
We are incredibly proud of the team we work with. They are all dedicated, hard-working and have fun when they can but when things get serious, they pull together to get things done.
We are looking for a Vet who:
- Will hit the ground raring to go – we love learning so bring your best ideas
- Loves a busy and varied case load perhaps with an area of interest which is crying out to be nurtured and developed
- Enjoys being part of a caring team inside and outside of work – Yes, we do love the team!
- Is comfortable with surgery and dentistry, and keen to be excellent if not so already
- Sees doing our own out of hours service as an amazing opportunity for personal development, enjoyment of case continuity and giving the client/patient the numerous benefits of in-house emergency care
- Can communicate complicated clinical options with clarity and compassion - Communication is one of our buzz words!
- Loves the challenge of complex medical and inpatient work, supported by amazing colleagues whose certificate level knowledge oozes from every corner of the practice
- Has good knowledge and understanding of our feline friends and bunny buddies (we have ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and Silver RWAF Awards)
- Thrives in a conscientious yet flexible and friendly working environment
- Wants proactive, supported career progression to develop those skills even more
- Sees there is more to a job advert than a boring list of obvious stuff (yes, of course we do also have all this stuff sorted out so we have listed some of them below)
- Wants to work for an independent Practice whose owners are committed, enthusiastic and 100% involved in all areas of the business
We know it isn’t all about working with cute puppies and kittens… Well maybe it is a little but don’t take our word for it –
“One major selling point about working here (that I'm loving!!) is that the Management Team care about making sure we don't overwork ourselves. From my experience, things like being able to leave on time, and getting time back in lieu when that's not possible, are pretty unheard of elsewhere!” Vet Louise (started with us in June 2021).
The other benefits we provide include:
- Generous staff discount
- Enhanced sick leave
- Unlimited CPD budget - if it is right course for you and works for the Practice – win/win!
- Holiday entitlement which increases with length of service
- Your Birthday day off – leaving you to enjoy yourself however you want
- Time back if you work past your finish time (or help out a colleague at a weekend)
- Late start on a Monday after weekend on call
- Perkbox - access to over 350+ perks, a Birthday Box, free treats and much more
- Online GP and Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing Hub - free online meditation, sleep advice and wellbeing support
- Scottish Widows Pension
- RCVS fees, VDS cover and professional membership fees
- Modern, clean and exciting working environment
- Salary is dependent on sparkle factor