We are currently looking for a confident recently graduated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and longstanding team in Blackburn, Lancashire due to an increase in clients on our books. Our ideal applicant would have previous experience in a small animal practice with a confident approach and keen to offer gold standard care to our clients and bring their up to date knowledge.
. Salary up to £40,000 DOE
· Working full time, 40 hours per week
· 4 days per week with a regular day off
· Working hours 0900-1900
· Saturdays on a shared rota, working 1:4. No Out Of Hours and a weekday off in lieu for working the weekend
Town and Country Veterinary Group is a RCVS accredited practice based in Lancashire with easy access to Manchester, Liverpool, and the Lake District. We have three branches within a short distance of each other in Blackburn, Clayton-Le-Moors, and Whalley, providing the local area with the highest standards of patient and client care. Our vets have a normal 'home practice' with occasional shifts at the other sites.
We have a fabulous team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 8 Support staff all with a wealth of experience and are looking forward to welcoming our new team member into the fold. We offer a great work life balance and when possible, we hold a charity event for guide dogs in the picturesque Ribble Valley which we all enjoy getting involved in.
We are looking for a friendly, confident and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to deliver the highest standards of patient and client care, keen to join a practice and bring their own ideas. The position would suit a vet enthusiastic to work up their cases with support from their experienced colleagues. An area of interest would be beneficial and encouraged, and the certificate pathway could be explored and supported for the right candidate.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
· 5 days paid CPD leave
· £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
· Private Medical Insurance
· VDS Membership paid
· BVA Membership paid
· Service based holiday entitlement increases
· VDS cover
· Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
· Enhanced paternity pay
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· CPD/training support
· Paid bereavement leave
· Company sick pay
· Employee opinion survey
· Annual pay reviews
· Social events
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Academy & Leadership courses
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.