Equine Veterinary Surgeon, Full Time, Staffordshire
Shires Vets, established over 70 years ago, is a mixed animal practice serving Staffordshire and the surrounding counties in the Midlands, with sites in:
- Stoke on Trent
We complete primary care services for small animal, farm and equine. The Shires team members are all animal-owners and take pride in providing a caring, compassionate, and friendly service to all our clients and their precious pets.
We are part of Linnaeus, which is a vibrant community of veterinary practices across the UK and Ireland. Linnaeus works across a range of areas within veterinary medicine from small animal to farm and equine. All our practices are individual but two important things bring us together; a commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Due to ongoing success, we are looking for a full time Equine Vet with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
The Role & Benefits Package:
- Full time, 40hr week
- 1 in 6 on call rota, time in lieu
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus additional 1 day "birthday leave"
- Vehicle provided for work use
- Wellbeing Programme
- RCVS/VDS/professional body fees paid
- 5 days CPD per year
- Workplace pension scheme
- Optional private medical health care
- Development and mentoring scheme for a new graduate or inexperienced vet