We are looking for an RCVS qualified veterinary surgeon to join our small, friendly team. You will undertake an equal mix of consultations and operating each week. We are a fairly small, but very experienced team, so this allows for case consistency and to develop productive relationships with our loyal client base.
At New St Vets, we are a small, friendly 1st opinion practice based in the beautiful East Devon, close to the sea and countryside.
The practice has recently been refurbished with digital x-ray and dental x-ray equipment, as well as a small branch practice in Hemyock.
RCVS Practice Standards and nurse training practice.
All our RVN nurses have trained with us and stayed on with us.
• We are CPD funded and encouraged.
• We have a lovely friendly client base and continuity of care is encouraged.
• The New St Vets Team is made up of 4 FTE Veterinary Surgeons, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 1 student RVN as well as 4 support staff.
• We do a lot of work for local charities including the Cats Protection and Greyhound Rescue. We support the local rugby team and are often asked to judge at local dog shows.
As a Veterinary Surgeon, you will be RCVS registered ideally with experience in first opinion practice.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3350 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.