We have an exciting new opportunity for a Clinical Director to lead our team in our mission to become the centre for excellence in exotic veterinary medicine. Working in partnership with the management team, you will provide inspirational and visible leadership, empowering all staff with a strong sense of purpose. Playing a key role in setting our direction in line with the organisations strategic plan, you will maximise practice performance in terms of both client and patient care, and sustainable profitability.
Established over 10 years, Trinity Vet Centre is renowned for its reputation in exotic medicine and attracts clients from far and wide to receive specialised veterinary care, alongside a high demand from neighbouring practices for second opinions and referrals. We are well equipped with x-ray, ultrasound, dental and in-house IDEXX lab with ongoing investment opportunities to develop our infrastructure.
We are a successful and friendly practice with 3 full-time vet surgeon roles alongside our CD, aided by a team of exotic certified RVNs and support staff.
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience
- Team management experience
- A role model to all staff – providing advice, support and promoting best practice
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to harness the commitment and potential of others
- Motivated to facilitate change with a strong “can do” attitude
- Excellent organisational capability
The ideal candidate will be solution-focused, and responsible for the development and enhancement of clinical services, ensuring effective and efficient management of staffing levels and budgets.
The role is full time, 40 hours per week, including weekends, with a flexible split of clinical to leadership time and no OOH.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- 6 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1,500 CPD allowance per annum
- Company bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- RCVS membership paid
- VDS membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Pawsome - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy ans Leadership courses
- Focus on employee well-being
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.