My clients have an amazing opportunity for an RVN to join a small independent veterinary group. Currently the team is made up of 4 full time and 3 part time vets, 9 clinical staff and 8 support staff across two branches. Each and every member of the team makes a difference at the practice and they are proud to be independent.
An average 35-40 hours per week on shifts between 8:00a.m. and 7:00p.m. Candidates would also be required to work 1 in 6 weekends and 1 in 6 week nights. My client would consider temp or perm and are looking at the role starting from Monday 4 October. This is a role where you can really develop your own nursing clinics and areas of interest.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Assisting veterinary surgeons and nurses with clinical procedures and patient handling and restraint.
• Maintain a high level of asepsis throughout the practice including consulting rooms, treatments rooms and animal holding areas, theatres and prep rooms, the x-ray room and to ensure all areas are adequately stocked with supplies and consumables.
• To assist with unpacking of orders and stock rotation.
• Assist the veterinary nurses with inpatient care including feeding, walking and cleaning of hospitalised animals.
• Carry out nursing duties such as, restraining patients for diagnostic investigations, assisting in theatre and consultations, cleaning kennels, feeding and exercising of patients, bandaging and wound management.
• Admit and/or discharge routine ops.
• Acting as telephone contact in the absence of the veterinary surgeon in the event of a difficult case beyond the capabilities of the receptionist.
• Ensuring that clients receive correct medication and advice.
• Ensuring all nursing/diagnostic equipment is maintained to the correct standards.
• Oversee training student SVN(s), ensure allocated training sessions take place and that training is in conjunction with the Head Nurse and supervising partner.