The role is full-time, on a fixed-term contract of approximately 12 months to cover maternity leave. You will be working Monday - Friday 44.5 hours per week with 1 in 6 full weekends and 1 or 2 bank holidays per year.
There will be an opportunity to continuously progress clinical standards whilst directly line managing the senior Veterinary Nurse team. We are looking for applicants to have a firm but fair approach, leadership skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with other teams in the hospital.
Responsibilities will include tasks such as clinical development of the Veterinary Nursing team, providing appropriate Veterinary Nurse cover, ongoing development of procedures, active role in maintaining practice standards, coaching, and mentoring.
Our highly skilled team has a lot to offer, and we are looking for a leader to promote and support us to provide a continuously improving service to our patients and colleagues.
Our practice is a state-of-the-art hospital based in Derby where we have access to leading-edge specialist knowledge. Our team is warm, welcoming, and supportive with anything’s possible approach.
We have a group of skilled and passionate Veterinary Nurses, working within the team and we work closely with specialist referral clinicians from a range of disciplines such as surgery, medicine, anesthesia ophthalmology, and neurology.
Despite working within such a big team, we succeed in maintaining a friendly and supportive ethic. We are passionate about providing gold standard care and as such, all team members receive ongoing support from highly skilled colleagues.
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified RVN
- Managerial experience or qualification
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- An interest in developing others
Would be good to have:
- Referral experience
- Experience in a very busy hospital environment
- Ability to motivate and enthuse team members
- Passion and enthusiasm for the job
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £550 CPD allowance per annum
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Pawsome - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Social events
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Free flu jabs
- As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
- As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please press apply.