Veterinary Surgeon required at White Cross Vets, Walkden/Sale, Worsley, Greater Manchester
We have an exciting opening for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. Your primary focus will be to participate in the successful day to day running of our Walkden and Sale practices, which have recently merged to form one team. The role will be based predominantly at Walkden, but there may be the requirement to cover at Sale occasionally. The role involves working closely with the rest of the team on a day to day basis, providing clinical support and guidance where needed.
Both branches have dedicated operating theatres, separate dog and cat ward areas, digital x-ray facilities, dental x-ray, ultrasound. Sale is a newly built practice opened in 2019, nice and spacious and modern. It is smaller, but growing practice with a nice client base. Walkden is a well-established practice with an interesting case load and most of the team have been at the practice a while and are experienced. The two teams have recently merged and are friendly, welcoming and hard working.
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. We have featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work for 6 years running and offer exclusive benefits across all our branches. Wellbeing and charity work are also a priority for us.
The Winning Candidate
You should be an experienced and competent Veterinary Surgeon who is willing to lead the team in clinical matters and help in their development. You will have the support of the wider White Cross support network and will work closely with the rest of the team in the practice. The role involves a 4-day week (8:30-7) and a share of Saturdays, with time given back for Saturday hours. No OOH are required!
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• Generous holiday allowance
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3495 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.