Practice Manager required at Copeland Vets, Ingleby Barwick
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Practice Manager to join our outstanding cohesive team at Copeland Vets on a full-time basis to support the Clinical Directors in the management of the practice and the development of the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the Management Team. You would work 40 hours per week across 5 days with no OOH and no weekends. Salary to be negotiated depending on experience.
You would manage, lead, and develop the members of a great reception team to ensure excellent continuous teamwork delivering what is already a high standard of customer care.
Duties would include:
• To ensure that all support functions within the practice always run effectively through clear communication, leadership, and management
• To ensure adequate reception cover and that shifts are allocated in line with the needs of the business.
• Manage staff annual appraisals and provide regular feedback on performance.
• Manage Employee Relations with HR support and in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
• Coordination of the maintenance and repair of the premises
• To liaise with the Business Support Manager and colleagues at Head Office to ensure effective communication, co-ordination, and co-operation
• Dealing with client concerns and complaints
• Having a good knowledge of the business
• Financial understanding of the business
• Debt management
• Processing invoices
• Cash management and banking
• Marketing of the business
• Regular communications with the business support manager and other members of the company
• Implementing and adhering to health and safety policies
• Carry out any additional duties requested by the partners or senior management.
At Copeland Vets we are a single site well-equipped family friendly practice who love learning and teaching. Penny and Derek Copeland designed the practice back in 1999 and we are still very proud of how it looks and functions. We were lucky enough to be nominated and win the Veterinary Business Journal award for practice design of the year, beating practices from all over the country. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We say our practice is like a patchwork quilt, everyone has a piece to bring to create the full picture, from the cleaner to receptionists to the clinical directors to you, everyone has importance and value of different shapes and sizes. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos.
About the Team and Culture
Large numbers of our clients have been registered with us for many years and these long-term relationships are key to our success and always remain important to us, we truly believe in a cradle to grave relationship with our clients. Currently we are a 6 vet practice supported by a dedicated reception team and 8 RVN’s.
Our successful applicant would preferably have a wealth of experience in team leadership, in a veterinary clinic, medical practice or customer service industry. A dynamic, confident, supportive and empathetic person with great organisational time management skills, capable of dealing with the varied challenges that face us in the veterinary business on a day-to-day basis. You would already have some form of management experience, basic HR and finance knowledge and diary management. You would be a team player valuing everyone you work with and an advocate for a people centric environment and open communication. You will be able to inspire other team members to continue to maintain high levels of clinical care, whilst maintaining efficiency of the clinic’s workload through supportive management and leading-by-example.
As a new manager to IVC Evidensia we will offer you support right from day one, bring your team approach, your willingness to learn and grow your ideas and we will give you the environment to move your career forward as a Practice Manager.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3728 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.