Eastcott Veterinary Clinic & Referrals is a multi-disciplinary veterinary referrals practice with a small animal primary care service. Eastcott is based in Swindon and attracts referrals from all over the South and Southwest. We have practices in Dorcan, Swindon (main hospital) North Swindon (branch surgery)
Old Town (branch surgery)
We provide 24-hour emergency services and routine primary care for small animals. The referral hospital is specialist-led and provides the following services: anesthesia, cardiology, dentistry and oral/maxillofacial surgery, diagnostic imaging, emergency and critical care, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, soft tissue surgery and physiotherapy.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a clinical director to dynamically lead the Primary Care clinical team and drive the business forward both clinically and commercially. You will be overseeing the management of clinical activities within the practice with a passion for delivering the best possible service, support and outcomes for patients, customers and associates.
You will also be required to perform the duties of a practicing Primary Care vet working to high clinical standards, leading by example and be an excellent communicator, ensuring the smooth working relationships between internal teams, management and other group practices. As clinical director you will be expected to understand the profit and loss account including the key factors that will affect the practices profitability including sales, staffing, stock and debt management.
The role is 40 hours per week and will include consulting, operating, 1 in 8 weekends and on call night duties.
You will need to have:
- Veterinary Degree Registrable in the UK enabling full MRCVS status
- Experience of leading and developing successful teams
- Excellent communication skills with associates at all levels
- A can-do attitude with a determination to succeed
- Strong Team ethos
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and deliver on objectives
- Competitive Salary Package
- 5 weeks annual leave plus your birthday off!
- RCVS /VDS membership fully funded
- CPD and certificate ambitions encouraged and supported with enhanced CPD funding
- Linnaeus Wellness Programme
- Mental Health First Aider onsite
- Staff Discount on pet care
- Eye care & cycle to work scheme
We are part of the Linnaeus Group, which is a vibrant community of veterinary practices across the UK. The Linnaeus Group work across a range of areas within veterinary medicine from small animal to farm and equine. All our practices are individual but two important things bring us together; a commitment to excellence in everything we do and our passion to make A Better World for Pets.