Farm Co-Clinical Director required at Scarsdale Vets, Markeaton
This role provides a great opportunity for a driven and experienced farm veterinary surgeon to develop their career in a busy and progressive team. You will have proven management and leadership skills and be able to prioritise and manage your workload so that our clients and our team feel supported. You will work alongside our Managing Director, current Farm Clinical Director, Business Support Manager and Markeaton Practice Manager, as well as a full support team including L&D and HR.
We are looking for someone with some years’ experience of farm animal care, especially dairy, and proven excellent client service and business development skills. This is a varied and exciting role where no two days will be the same, providing a good mix of management and clinical time.
The role is full time, working 5 days per week and a shared OOH and weekend rota. General opening hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm.
We are the largest provider of veterinary care in the East Midlands. Scarsdale vets is made up of 12 sites in Derby, Burton and Nottingham, offering farm, equine, small animal first opinion and referral services.
The farm practice services a good mix of large beef, dairy cattle and sheep farms, as well as camelids. The vets are supported by an excellent support team, including TB testers and ATTs.
About the Team and Culture
We are a friendly, sociable and farmer focused team. Based in the Midlands, we have 10 farm vets and 1 ATT, and our work covers a good mix of dairy, beef and sheep farms, camelids and smallholdings.
We have a fantastic mix of experienced vets and more recent graduates. The team is well qualified (including 3 CertAVPs and 2 residents working towards their ECBHM) and we encourage and support further study for all our team members. We provide the freedom to independently work up cases and we are also fortunate to have regular support from the cattle health and production team at the University of Nottingham. We are a teaching practice for their final year vet students, and evidence-based medicine and herd health are central to what we do.
Required skills and experience….
1. Experienced in farm animal work (ideally a good level of experience in a farm animal practice, or mixed practice with a large animal bias)
2. Strong leadership skills
3. Commitment to continuous development (self and team)
4. Excellent client communication skills
5. Business development skills
Would be good to have….
1. Previous management experience
2. Have a relevant veterinary certificate or business-related post-graduate qualification
3. A local working knowledge of our competitor practices
4. Experience of developing teams and coaching individuals
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 6 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Company bonus scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• RCVS membership paid
• VDS membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3721 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.