We are creating a new independent, small animal practice in the Chester area and have a fantastic new building in a great location opening in 2022. We are now looking to recruit an awesome team of vets, Registered Vet Nurses & Receptionists to help create the best independent veterinary practice in the North West.
If you enjoy the independent way of working where you have control over what you do and how you do it, where customer service and patient care is everything, where customer prices are fair, where a work life balance is important and where you can share directly in the success of the practice then this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you
As a vet nurse your overall responsibility will be to assist the veterinary surgeons in the diagnosis, treatment and care of our patients.
Key responsibilities will be to carry out a wide range of tasks from promoting and maintaining the health of animals through effective care and education and ultimately helping to promote, create and grow a fabulous new practice where patients and owners have the best possible veterinary experience.
More specifically day to day tasks will include:
• educating owners on how best to look after their pets
• administering drugs, anaesthetics and injections
• preparing animals for surgery
• holding and monitoring animals during operations
• maintaining, sterilising and laying out surgical equipment
• ensuring hygiene standards throughout the practice
• undertaking diagnostic tests
• preparing and sending off laboratory samples
• taking x-rays
• caring for, exercising and grooming animal ‘in-patients'
• giving advice to owners about caring for and breeding animals
• keeping records
• writing and filing report
We are looking for experience of operating to a high standard in busy small animal practices.
You will need to be confident, assertive, practical and able to work alone but also have the ability to work within a close-knit team.
Importantly the successful candidates will have a super ‘can do’ attitude, be flexible and will be passionate about what they do and will want to help us create a truly special and enjoyable place to work.
We are looking for exceptional people with remuneration to match including market leading salaries, a profit share opportunity estimated at up to 10% of salary, CPD investment, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. No nights.
To submit your application click the apply button.