Love ECC but want a great work-life balance with an attractive rota pattern (7 nights on, 14 nights off) and an excellent salary?
We’re looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join the emergency and critical care team at our RCVS accredited Stone Lion Veterinary Hospital in Wimbledon.
The rota pattern is 7 nights on and 14 nights off . There is also the potential to cover additional day shifts during the 14 day off period for both roles and addition night shifts at our Stone lion practice.
There is a very varied caseload and would be a great role for somebody studying towards a certificate. All the necessary equipment for patient side diagnostic testing is available and RVN nursing cover is provided throughout the night. Are you someone who is confident in managing medical and surgical emergencies? Do you have excellent communication skills and compassion to provide a high standard of care to patients and clients alike? If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
There is a competitive salary which will depend on experience. In addition, we offer a £2000- and 5-day CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual, as well as for the practice, and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
Accommodation is available on the working nights .
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward thinking and independent family-run business, please call Julie Johnson for an informal chat or apply now.