Are you passionate about emergency and critical care, but would like a rota that allows a good work life balance? If so, we have the prefect role for you! We are looking for a night RVN at the Mandeville Veterinary Hospital in Northwest London to do a 4 -on and 8 -off rota (averaging 37 hours per week). The role involves working alongside the on-site veterinary surgeon to care for hospitalised patients and assisting with emergencies as they arise.
We would love someone with:
- Excellent communication, clinical and time management skills
- A passion for animal welfare and gold standard patient care
- An interest in ECC and be willing to study towards further qualifications in this area
- Previous experience in a hospital environment ideally
Salary @£16 per hour plus benefits and accommodation available if required ! Excellent benefits package:
- Paid BVNA, VDS and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Up to £3000 relocation expenses paid.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- The team in the Mandeville hospital are lovely people that really do care about animals- gold standard care given. Can be busy at night but very rewarding. Goddard also paid all costs for advance certificate in ECC. good night rota pattern, 4 shifts on 8 days off- best rota I have ever seen in veterinary so good work life balance. * Credit Glassdoor.
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working for a forward-thinking independent business, and would like to know more, please call Tanya Wicks for an informal chat or click the apply button!