Village Vet have a vacancy for a full time consultation / internal medicine veterinary surgeon to be based at our Hampstead hospital.
Village Vet Hampstead is a 24-hour RCVS accredited small animal hospital which provides gold-standard care for its own patients as well as providing out of hours and emergency cover to over 30 first opinion clinics and a specialist referral clinic in the North London area. It is an amazing place to see a unique caseload surrounded by like-minded staff who want to provide the very best care.
We have a team of dedicated vets and nurses and allied support from our neighbouring referral arm; London Veterinary Specialists (located just across the square). The dynamic team currently consists of over 15 veterinary surgeons with varying degrees of experience from certificate holders to junior doctors, over 13 RVN’s, 3 student nurses, 7 Pet Care Assistants and a well-staffed reception, admin and support staff team.
Our beautiful hospital in West London is seeking a vet with a consultation and communication focus to join our team here. This role is unique in that there is no surgery expected, instead we are looking for someone who relished the consulting side of the role; from new puppies to golden oldies, long term complex medical cases, and who is also interested and capable in radiography and ultrasound to support the team with these skills.
The key skills we are looking for include:
- Excellent medicine knowledge utilising a problem-oriented approach with good record keeping skills
- Exceptional communications skills with clients and referring veterinary surgeons
- The ability to work well in a team and an enjoyment of collaborative work
- A certificate or interest in furthering your skills in a very progressive and supportive environment
- A strong interest in imaging – both radiographic interpretation and ultrasonography
- Ability to do dentistry to a good standard to expand the team’s scope for this
Excellent rota with guaranteed 4 day week and great weekend balance.
- Veterinary Surgeon.
- Internal Medicine.
- We will consider Veterinary Surgeons at all levels of experience.
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent rota with guaranteed 4 day week and great weekend balance
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable and certificate funding considered
- Internal CPD from within Linnaeus provided FOC by London Vet Specialists, Davies, Willows and other national specialists
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet bonus
- Lunch provided.
- Dedicated Line management with meaningful conversations throughout the year pertaining to development and career opportunities
To submit your application click the apply button.