If you enjoy variety in your role, this two-clinic role could be ideal for you! Working four days a week, you divide your time between our Putney and Fulham practices. Our Fulham clinic is situated in a great area on The Kings Road, surrounded by cafes and gorgeous shops, and our Putney practice is a 5-minute stroll to the river Thames.
The role is a good balance between surgery and consulting and is 4 days per week with a 1 in 3 Saturday. It would work equally well as two part- time roles; perhaps 2 days with 1: 6 Saturdays? We are happy to chat about the combination of days and Saturdays that work for you. There is a blend between sole charge responsibility and working alongside experienced Veterinary Surgeons, so we are looking for a surgeon who is confident in all the routine surgeries. There is no night work or on call.
It would be great to find a colleague who fits into our practice culture and values: putting pets and their owners at the heart of every decision. Someone who enjoys being a great GP supported by fantastic colleagues, but also relishes having a satisfying life outside of work, enjoying the West London riverside lifestyle, or the hustle and bustle of fantastic shopping and dining venues nearby.
Salary is in the region of £45,000 - £60,000 depending on experience (pro- rata for part-time roles) and we have a great benefits package including:
- £2000 allowance and 5 days CPD annually.
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Help with relocation costs up to £3000.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- A1 Home Office approved sponsor; we are often able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens for an informal chat or apply now.