We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The role will involve treating inpatients and hospitalised pets, rotating surgical rota, daily appointments, advising owners and dispensing medication. Full time and part time applications considered. OOH on a shared rota.
We are situated in the Waterside area of the town, close to retail outlets and transport links. You will join a quiet and homey atmosphere with new modern facilities and equipment within the practice. We are a large team of qualified nurses, assistants and experienced veterinary surgeons. We have a sister practice in the city side of the town. An eye specialist works from the clinic.
Experienced is not essential but desired. You will be open to new experiences, be friendly, and hardworking and enjoy working as part of a large team. We are looking for someone who is driven, ambitious and has interest in furthering qualifications.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.