Confident and experienced veterinary surgeon required for 50:50 consulting and surgery part-time role. No OOH and no sole charge required. You will be joining a friendly team who are forward thinking. We can be flexible with days as you would be an addition to the rota. Some Saturday mornings are required, however, we are only open 9-12, so there is plenty of time to enjoy the weekend and achieve that important work-life balance!
We are a busy town practice, with a caring attitude and pride in what we do well. We are particularly keen on pain management and local anaesthesia techniques and are happy to share this with any future colleagues! We have recently invested in dental x-ray alongside the usual toys. We have a surgery certificate holder and an ophthalmology certificate holder and are happy to support personal development.
Candidates must have current MRCVS registration, with some small animal practice experience and be confident in routine urgent surgery (including pyometra, ex lap etc) and consultations. Additional qualifications are a bonus and salary would reflect this. Wellbeing of our team is important to us, so being a team player is a crucial attribute.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata):
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To submit your application click the apply button.