Permanent, Full time
£42,500-£50,000 pa DOE
1. Want to work in a practice that cares about you just as much as it cares about its clients and patients?
2. Want to be part of a clinical team that helps and supports each other?
3. Care about preventative healthcare and appreciate its importance to patient (and practice!) well-being?
4. Want to have the means to reach your full potential, both within and outside of work?
5. Yearn to be part of a motivated and forward-thinking team, whose aim is to practice the highest standards of medicine and surgery possible?
6. Keen to move to the next level in your career as a vet?
7. Eager to work in a busy practice, with a varied caseload?
8. Ready to start challenging yourself with some sole charge responsibilities, reassured by the fact that your colleagues are just a WhatsApp message away (CVC emergency back up group)?
9. Enthusiastic about being a vet, with the drive to continuously develop and learn new skills and qualifications?
10. At the point in your career where you want to pursue a postgrad certificate?
If you’ve answered more ‘Yes’ than ‘No’ to the above questions, then look no further! Our full-time vet position could be just what you’re looking for, and you may be the ideal candidate to join our expanding team.
• Varied medical and surgical caseload, with scope to suit your areas of interest.
• A fair rota, including allocated admin time.
• No routine consults during evening surgery for Theatre vet, with discharges not starting until 5pm.
• Salary £42,500-£50,000pa DOE.
• 4-day working week (40 hours), with additional day off in lieu of weekend worked, plus early finish the following week (6:00 pm - though free to leave from 5.30 pm).
• Weekday hours 8:30 am-7:30 pm (last appointment 6:15pm - free to leave from 7 pm).
• 1 in 6 weekends (Sat 8:30 am-4:30 pm with 2nd vet until 12:30pm, Sun 9:30 am-1:30 pm - on day appointments only, no routines). Free to leave from 4 pm and 1 pm respectively, if all jobs complete.
• 1 in 6 Saturday mornings (2nd vet shift) 8:30 am-12:30 pm, with early finish week before (2:30 pm).
• Bank holidays on shared rota basis (8:30 am-4:30 pm - free to leave from 4 pm). No routines or scheduled operations.
• NO ON CALL (OOH covered by Vets Now).
• Friendly, supportive, and enthusiastic team.
• Purpose built practice interior.
• Modern diagnostic and monitoring equipment, including CT scanner available for use.
• Dental radiography.
• Extensive in-house laboratory.
• RCVS Accredited Small Animal Practice.
• Cat Friendly (Silver).
• Rabbit Friendly (Silver).
• Full complement of qualified RVNs, as well as trainees.
• Further qualifications actively encouraged (and financed!) - one vet currently undertaking an Apprenticeship Masters in Advanced Veterinary Practice, and Clinical Director studying towards Small Animal Cardiology Certificate.
• Experienced graduate preferred (minimum 2016 graduate).
• Excellent team player.
• Effective communicator with a positive, motivated and friendly attitude.
• Confident with routine surgery and experience with more complex surgeries.
• Good understanding and application of sedation and anaesthetic protocols.
• Excellent consultation and time-management skills.
• Happy to share knowledge with the team, and vice versa, towards our collective goal of Gold standard patient and client care.
We hope that once you join us, you'll never want to leave!
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave (more if studying towards a post graduate qualification)
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum (more if studying towards a post graduate qualification)
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
When applying for this role please quote job reference BH3262.
To submit your application click the apply button.