Excellent, rare opportunity for a Mixed Vet to join one of the best mixed practices in the region. Amazing work life balance with only 1 in 12 on call and 4 day weeks!
Situated in a quaint, historic Scottish town 15 miles outside of Aberdeen, this practice has a reputation for being one of the best mixed practices in the region having won several awards and nominations over the years including The National Vet Awards, Best Mixed Practice in Scotland and Best Mixed Practice in North East Scotland.
This is a wonderful opportunity for any Mixed Vet in the area looking for exceptional work life balance in a beautiful part of Scotland.
The practice have a reputation for providing excellent care across small, equine and farm and are continually investing in their equipment and facilities.
There is a team of 12 incredibly friendly and skilled vets who love sharing ideas, knowledge and discussing cases including a 'case of the month'. Learning is always at the heart of the practice as they strive to help their staff follow their interests and develop as well as ensuring patients get the best care possible. Supporting the vets is a lovely team of 6 RVNs and 1 SVN.
- Although this role is advertised as a mixed position, the flexibility is there to tailor the role towards your interests in small/equine/farm.
- The rota is as good as it gets for a mixed role with on call being 1 in 12 during the week and 1 in 11 on the weekends. You will also enjoy a 4 day working week (with hours being 8:30am - 5pm) as well as a long weekend (Friday-Monday) following your on call week.
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary from £35,000 - £45,000
- 33 days holiday
- £1,750 CPD allowance plus 5 study days
- RCVS, VDS and one other membership paid
- Market leading work life balance
- Company car
- Health Shield (entitles you to lots of health related discounts and vouchers - you can submit receipts for things like eye tests and dentist appointments and get them fully reimbursed. You can also get up to £200 worth of physio, 10 free CBT sessions, discounts from high street shops, cinemas, spa treatments, etc. And you also get private medical treatment heavily discounted!)
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Ideally you will be comfortable with sole charge work when on call however there is always support on hand should you need it.
- A particular level of experience is not required, however you should have a positive attitude and strive to build strong client and colleague relationships while providing excellent patient care.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.