Moor Cottage Veterinary Hospital is based in the lovely village of Binfield and is accredited as a Gold ‘Cat Friendly Clinic’ with a separate cat clinic on site. We have been serving the local community for over 50 years.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a clinical director to dynamically lead the clinical team and drive the business forward both clinically and commercially. You will be overseeing the management of clinical activities within the practice with a passion for delivering the best possible service, support and outcomes for patients, customers and associates.
You will also be required to perform the duties of a practicing vet working to high clinical standards, leading by example and be an excellent communicator, ensuring the smooth working relationships between internal teams, management and other group practices. As clinical director you will be expected to understand the profit and loss account including the key factors that will affect the practices profitability including sales, staffing, stock and debt management.
The role is a minimum 40 hours per week on a rota basis and a competitive salary. The rota is 4 days a week plus overnight phones for inpatients.
Weekends: 1 in 6 full weekends Sat 8.30-4.30 plus overnight on call phones Sun 9-12 plus phones until Monday morning plus 1 in 6 Saturdays 8.30-4.30. We have a supportive long standing team of 6.5 vets, 12 nurses, management, and reception team.
You will need to have;
- Veterinary Degree Registrable in the UK enabling full MRCVS status
- Experience of leading and developing successful teams
- Excellent communication skills with associates at all levels
- A can-do attitude with a determination to succeed
- Strong Team ethos
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and deliver on objectives
- Competitive Salary Package
- 5 weeks annual leave plus your birthday off!
- RCVS /VDS membership fully funded
- CPD and certificate ambitions encouraged and supported with enhanced CPD funding
- Linnaeus Wellness Programme
- Mental Health First Aider onsite (who always makes sure we are stacked up with plenty of fruit!)
- Staff Discount on pet care
- Eye care & cycle to work scheme