Love going to gigs or watching the big matches? We have the perfect role for you! Never stand on a packed tube coming home from Wembley, just stroll home to your flat! Exciting times at our Wembley practice, the clinic will be undergoing a complete refurbishment and we are looking for an experienced vet to be part of the change. The Wembley clinic has been on this site for several decades and has a long standing and loyal client base. Have you ever fancied running your own clinic and marking your mark in the local community, this is your opportunity! You will be supported by an experienced team, Adrian who manages the clinic, Jacky our fantastic RVN and Robert our VNA have all worked at the clinic for many years and will support you every step of the way. We are keen to help our vets develop their interests and will invest in kit that’s needed for you to move forward with your career.
The role is 4 days a week and some Saturdays, but we are also happy to explore a job share. There is no overnight work, but we would like you to support our hospital colleagues at our RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital in Northolt on a 1:8 Sunday day- time only rota. The Mandeville Hospital has great 24 -hr facilities including CT, an excellent ultrasound, scopes, laparoscopic equipment, and an array of specialists and provides a good environment to develop your ECC skills. The branch role is sole charge but is fully supported by the hospital team close by.
The salary is in the region of £45-55k depending on experience and has the potential to increase with growth of the practice. Our CPD allowance is £2000 with 5 days paid CPD per year. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
A flat is available next to the practice with great transport links to explore London, the nearest tube is a 3- minute walk from the flat.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens for an informal chat or apply now.