Set in a village location, our Ickenham branch has been caring for pets and their owners in the local community for many decades. Small and perfectly formed, the practice has a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, a dedicated, longstanding team, and loyal clients. Kim our lovely vet has decided not to return following her maternity leave, so we’re on the hunt for a vet with a passion for small animal medicine and who would like a surgery on which to make their mark! The A40/M40 and M25 are only 10 minutes away and there are great tube links into central London. Heathrow Airport is also within easy reach. We have excellent support staff; our lovely, experienced Nursing Assistants Dawn and Alison have been at the practice for over 20 years and clients love dropping in to see them. We are very proud of our great local reputation, please have a look at our lovely reviews on Google and Vet Help Direct to see why!
The full-time rota is 4 days a week and some Saturdays, but we would also consider a job-share. There is no overnight work or on call. We would love you to support our hospital colleagues at our RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital in Northolt on a 1:8 Sunday day- time only rota. The Mandeville Hospital has great 24 hr facilities including CT, an excellent ultrasound, scopes, laparoscopic equipment and an array of specialists and provides a great environment to develop your ECC skills. The branch role is sole charge but is fully supported by the hospital team, which is only 15 minutes away by car.
Our ideal vet would have 2 years’ experience, is a good clinician who can fit into our practice culture and values and just enjoys being a great GP, a really good communicator and someone who would relish helping to advance our standards of care.
The salary is in the region of £45-55k depending on experience and has the potential to increase with growth of the practice. Our CPD allowance is £2000 with 5 days paid CPD per year. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Accommodation is available.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.