Village Vet Whittlesford are in search of day veterinary surgeons!
Village Vet Whittlesford is our flagship hospital supporting the Cambridge area. The state of the art building, completed in 2013, provides an exceptional environment for our clients and staff. Built on the site of our old practice, we maintain the strong local focus and are committed to serving our community as well as providing support and referral facilities to the wider area. The hospital provides full range of services from routine preventative health care through to advanced surgery and medicine. Our great team of vets, nurses and receptionists are dedicated to providing a high level of compassionate care for your pets. Our team has established a trusted reputation in Whittlesford and surrounding areas in Cambridge.
We are excited to announce that Village Vet Whittlesford is expanding their team. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This enables the team to provide emergency care 24/7 as well as ensuring our inpatients receive the care and supervision they require throughout the day and night 7 days a week.
Village Vet Whittlesford are in search of Day Veterinary Surgeons with a minimum 2 years UK experience, to join their hospital team at Whittlesford. These roles are responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care but also to rotate to our branches in Meldreth and Royston on average one day a week each. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value and an exceptional service. The combination of hospital and branch work allows our Vets to work across highly experienced teams as well as sole charge, receiving a variety of cases and creating opportunities to develop.
Village Vet Whittlesford is a well-established, purpose built small animal hospital. Our facilities are modern and well equipped with full digital diagnostic facilities, on site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff, many with extra qualifications, to ensure that clients receive the best care available. We take pride in our excellent reputation for friendliness and a high level of expertise. The two branches are also well equipped and allow high levels of local work while benefitting from having the full back up of the 24/7 hospital.
1 shift per week – 7:45am to 8:15pm at Whittlesford
1 shift per week – 9.5 hours at Whittlesford
1 shift per week – OFF
1 shift per week – 8:30am to 7pm at Meldreth OR Royston
Fridays will rotate between the above shifts (1 x 7:45am-8:15, 1 x 9.5 hours, 1 x OFF and 1 x 8:30am to 7pm at Meldreth OR Royston)
1 in 4 weekends, covering 7:45am to 8:15pm on one day and 8am to 5pm on the other day)
• PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
• CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
• TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
• MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Veterinary surgeon
- We will consider veterinary surgeons with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience.
• Highly competitive salary.
• 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday
• £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend
• Village Vet bonus scheme
• RCVS fees paid
• VDS Membership
• Staff discount scheme
• Workplace pension scheme
• Eye scheme
• Cycle to work
To submit your application click the apply button.