Village Vet have a vacancy for a part time veterinary surgeon to be based at our Royston practice with a day a week at our local hospital Whittlesford.
Village Vet Royston provides first-class veterinary care to the pets of the town and surrounding villages. The friendly team have established a loyal client following in the heart of the community. With full diagnostic and surgical facilities on-site. Village Vet Whittlesford is our flagship hospital supporting the Cambridge area. The state of the art building, completed in 2013, provides an exceptional environment for our clients, staff and most importantly the pets.
Village Vet present an exciting opportunity for a veterinarian with at least 2+ years experience to work at our Royston practice and Whittlesford hospital. This role is part time and will be based at our Royston practice which provides first-class veterinary care to the pets of the town and surrounding villages. The friendly team there have established a loyal client following in the heart of the community. With full diagnostic and surgical facilities on-site, you can provide a range of services, from routine vaccinations and health advice to sorting out those more difficult problems. You will be responsible for the day to day running and performance of the practice. A day a week will be spent at our Whittlesford flagship hospital to work along side a very experienced team and to add more variety to your week.
Cover: 37 hours a week.
Tuesdays – 9:30am-8pm at Whittlesford hospital
Wednesdays, Thursdays and 1 in 2 Fridays, covering 8:30am to 7pm at Royston (sole charge)
1 in 2 Saturdays - 9am to 1pm
1 in 8 Sundays – 7:45am-8:15pm at Whittlesford hospital
The shifts at Royston will be sole charge with support from the 24 hour Whittlesford and Milton hospitals.
• PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
• CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
• TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
• MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Veterinary Surgeon.
- Comfortable working a day and a night rota.
- We will consider Veterinary Surgeons at all levels of experience.
• Highly competitive salary
• 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
• RCVS fees paid
• VDS Membership
• £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
• Staff discount scheme
• Workplace pension scheme
• Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
• Village Vet Bonus scheme
• Occupational Health Scheme
• Eye care vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
To submit your application click the apply button.