Sheree is leaving to be a full-time Mum, so we’re looking for a fantastic vet to make their mark at our independent clinic, situated in the leafy suburb of Loughton, in Epping Forest. We are a well-established and friendly team, and the practice is very much part of the local community. We’re really proud of our many 5- star google reviews from our lovely clients.
We have a very happy working environment, as well as wonderful, bonded clients. We pride ourselves on the level of service we offer and always work to the highest standards. The clinic is a training practice, and you are fully supported by Sam, Su and Amy our experienced RVNs, Laila our VNA and soon to be SVN, and Michelle our practice administrator.
We have all the usual toys to work your cases up to a high standard, including a shiny new dental x-ray. The practice has a busy caseload and would be able to support study towards a certificate. The full-time rota is a 4-day week and includes a long weekend, with every Monday off, and only 1:4 Saturdays. There is no overnight work, but we would like you to support our hospital colleagues at our RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital in Wanstead on a 1:8 Sunday day- time only rota. The Wanstead Hospital has great 24 -hr facilities including CT, an excellent ultrasound, scopes, laparoscopic equipment, and an array of specialists and provides a good environment to develop your ECC skills. The branch role is sole charge but is fully supported by the hospital team.
The salary is in the region of £60k+ depending on experience, and there is a generous £2000 CPD allowance. The Goddard Veterinary Group sees CPD as an investment in the individual, as well as for the practice, and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
Accommodation is available if needed, making London living more affordable. The practice has plenty of parking and is only 10 minutes’ walk for Loughton Tube on the Central Line.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here’s are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.