An exciting opportunity to join an RCVS accredited Tier 3 Hospital has arisen for a small animal vet with a minimum of 2 years' experience
An exciting opportunity for a small animal vet to join an RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital in Cheshire has arisen. We are looking for a dedicated small animal vet with a minimum of 2 years' experience in small animal work to join a close-knit team of passionate vets, nurses, receptionists, and assistants. The successful applicant will benefit from working in a friendly and supportive working environment, surrounded by excellent facilities including CT scanner and laparoscopic equipment. Established over 50 years ago, the hospital has a loyal client base as one of the leading animal care providers in the area.
Clinical development is highly encouraged, and all vets are encouraged to pursue their own area of interest up to certificate level if they wish. The hospital has its own dedicated night team for in patients and emergencies, which is great for case continuity and the wide range of facilities in-house enable them to see a varied and interesting caseload. The hospital is always seeking to be at the cutting edge of clinical standards and therefore all members of staff are encouraged to get involved in projects that will contribute to this.
The ideal person for this role will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in small animal work and be comfortable with routine surgical procedures. The role is full time, 4.5-day week with no out of hours or on call. For the right person, there is the option to cover some night shifts each month, however this is optional and by means a requirement. Weekends are on a shared rota basis and time off in lieu is given for weekends worked, allowing for a good work life balance. You will receive a competitive salary in recognition or previous experience, funding, and support towards CPD, a good holiday allowance, as well as other company perks.
If you are a small animal vet looking to work in a hospital setting in Cheshire, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Apply below or contact us for more information.
- RCVS accredited Tier 3 Hospital
- Friendly and forward-thinking environment with a lovely client base
- Modern state of the art facilities and a strong team ethos
- Established over 50 years ago
- Very welcoming team keen to promote clinical development and support each other
- The hospital sees a wide case load and is a brilliant environment to utilise and develop your skill set which ensures great job satisfaction.
- Fantastic diagnostic and surgical facilities including CT and laparoscopic equipment.
- 5 days per week (4-day week is an option) plus weekend and bank holiday rota with TOIL
- Own dedicated OOH service so there is no night work unless you wish to cover some shifts
- CPD/certificates are supported and greatly encouraged
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- £1,750 CPD allowance + 5 days
- Certificate study funded and encouraged
- Other company perks
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- You will have 2 years small animal experience and be comfortable with routine surgical procedures and consulting
- We are looking for someone who enjoys working with a team and building strong relationships to colleagues and clients
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.