We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The Head Nurse is responsible for a team of nurses and receptionists and to make sure the day runs as smoothly as possible. The position is full time, working 5 days a week 8.15am - 5.15pm. You will be part of Saturday morning and 2nd on call rota dependent on number of nurses. Currently no further OOH. Salary £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
• Setting up for and organising the days ops and procedures
• Taking blood and running the relevant lab tests
• Prepping patients and monitoring anaesthetics
• Overseeing patient recovery
• Assisting the vet in consults where required
• Answering the phone and dealing with clients at reception if needed
• Cleaning, washing, making tea
• Writing nurse and receptionist rotas
• Service and maintenance of lab equipment
• Performing appraisals for nurses and reception
• Organising and taking part in 2nd on call rota
• Organising nurse and reception AL
• Dealing with complaints and unhappy clients
• Organising Equipment servicing and repair
• Liaising with MYF training in regard to student nurses and AP as a training practice
AlphaPet is a small animal practice, situated between the beautiful South Downs and the sunny Sussex coast. Established over 27 years ago, we have a main surgery in a busy precinct adjacent to a large playing field plus 2 smaller branches are located about a 20 minute drive away - one on a farm and the other part of a stables. All sites have ample free car parking. Mod cons include ultrasound, endoscopy, radio surgery, cryo surgery, digital x-ray and a fully equipped lab. We see a lot of wildlife and work closely with a local wildlife hospital.
AlphaPet has a friendly team who love socialising outside work when Covid allows! Our staff regularly fundraise for various charities in different ways. Over the years we have climbed the 3 peaks, descended Arundel Castle, run marathons and even sponsored a Disney themed concert! We've helped with local beach cleans and litter picks. For many years we hosted an Animal Fun Day and Dog Show, raising thousands of pounds for local and national animal charities.
We are looking for a confident and reliable team player who has good leadership and organisational skills. You will be able to use your own initiative and be happy to delegate where required, but also muck in with the team. Previous experience in a Head nurse role would be beneficial, but not essential. Someone who is already an RPS would be a bonus.
Benefits (subject to pro rata):
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.