An enthusiastic first opinion veterinary surgeon is required to provide a high standard of care to our valued patients and clients. The successful candidate will carry out a good mixture of surgery, investigations, and consulting. Full time consists of four days a week and one in three Saturdays with no on call.
The practice has an experienced team of veterinary surgeons and RVNs. The practice is well equipped with surgical and diagnostic tools and we carry out as much work as we can in-house. We do a mix of small animal and exotics at Cumbernauld and have dedicated exotic veterinary surgeons. We're located close to Glasgow, one of the UK's most dynamic cities and on the doorstep for travelling to the Highlands.
You will have experience in a clinical setting and be comfortable to carry out routine consultations, investigations and work ups and surgery without supervision. A friendly approach to clients and the ability to work well as part of a team is essential. You'll be keen to develop your own skills with funded CPD available and won't be shy to support colleagues when needed.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process. If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.