Home Based - District Vet
Up to £74,500 DOE pus £4,000 car allowance & benefits
Lead from the front in Emergency & Critical Care
If you are ready to take the next step in progressing your career, we have an exciting and unique opportunity available for a District Vet to cover clinics in Colwyn Bay, Liverpool, Preston, Stoke, Telford, Warrington and Wrexham. You will be required to travel occasionally to these clinics and other areas within the UK when required.
Support and nurture the next generation of veterinary professionals
At Vets Now we are committed to developing the next generation of veterinary professionals, offering a supportive environment that nurtures emergent talent. As a District Vet, you will be at the forefront of delivering that vision, leading from the front in creating a culture of continuous improvement, people development and shaping the future of the veterinary profession.
You will be supported by a District Manager and the Principal Vets in your clinics to ensure the delivery of strong and sustainable financial and business performance. Crucially, you will be responsible for driving improvements in clinical standards across your District and working closely with the Head of Veterinary Standards to ensure consistency across the company.
We are all Vets Now
Our values are at the heart of what we do, underpinning our commitment to our people and defining our organisational culture. As a District Vet, you will be an advocate of our values, encouraging your people to exude our values in their behaviours and interactions.
Maximise performance of individuals and teams
To be considered for this role you must have proven experience in coaching and mentoring, with capability to develop, motivate and maximise clinical and financial performance of individuals and teams. You must be a proficient ECC clinician and passionate about driving clinical excellence through delivery of clinical benchmarking, governance and mentoring.
Implement change and improvement
It’s vital that you have commercial awareness within the veterinary profession to understand the challenges both operationally and clinically to support implementation of change and improvement, and to meet commercial objectives. As expected with a role of this stature, excellent communication skills are essential. Managing difficult conversations and dealing with conflict and complaints are also key components.
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an Out of Hours Emergency and Critical Care environment
- Proven experience of managing veterinary professionals
- Demonstrable experience of managing performance including acting to improve underperformance
- Further qualifications are desirable but not essential e.g. CertAVP or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
We have revolutionised the way emergency veterinary care is provided. Since 2001, we have grown to become the UK's leading provider of Emergency and Critical Care, thanks to the dedication and clinical excellence of our teams. Recognising hard work is important to us. Our employees are our greatest asset which is why we offer a first-class benefits and rewards package that could include:
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- £3000 CPD allowance increasing annually plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Professional membership fees
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Company sick, maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
Please note the role of District Vet is home based with regular travel required within your district and throughout the UK.
For further information on this role, or for a confidential chat, please contact James in our Talent Team on 07922 574213 or firstname.lastname@example.org