Buchan Veterinary Clinic are looking for a small animal vet to join their team. Based in beautiful North Aberdeenshire, Scotland, where castles, beaches, mountains, golfing, sailing and dolphins are all available within an hour's drive of the practice. Aberdeen airport is only around an hour's drive too!
We welcome applications from experienced Vets and confident recent Graduates.
You will be part of a super friendly, welcoming and supportive team. We have been through a lot of positive change this year. In many ways it has taught us to really pull together as a team, support and look after each other. We are ready for our next steps and looking for an enthusiastic and driven Vet that aspires to provide the best clinical care possible to come and join us to help move the practice forward for many years to come!
Buchan Vets have two modern well equipped practices in the town centres of Peterhead and Fraserburgh. Both sites have access to the modern diagnostics you would expect from a progressive small animal practice including blood analysers, ultrasound, endoscopy and radiography. We recognise vets want to provide the best care for their patients and as such provide 15 minute consultation times as standard with extended times for more involved consults.
With an even balance of consulting and operating there are plenty of opportunities to hone your skills in which ever area you wish. Our vets have a wide breadth of experience with one starting a surgical certificate this year and another seeing exotics cases from several of the surrounding practices. An experienced, supportive and enthusiastic nursing team bolster the clinical team providing yet further expertise and run nurse clinics routinely. We benefit from being part of a wider veterinary group as well which provides routine access to advanced surgical, dental and clinical support.
In return, we will offer you:
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (with our buy and sell holiday scheme)
- Pension, Sharesave and staff discount schemes
- Access to an annual CPD Allowance and an array of internal CPD courses
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Industry leading enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave pay offering 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay
- Access to Perk box offering entertainment, travel and retail discounts
- Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such as subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme
If you would like an informal chat about this role, please text Lisa on 07901 223 740. To apply via our online portal, where we will contact you to arrange a chat, click ‘Apply Now'