An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic nurse who is keen to develop their career in a busy, growing veterinary hospital. This is a full time position including weekend and out of hours work. Working hours are detailed below:
• Shifts hours are 7.30am-4pm, 8.30am-5.30pm and 10am-6.30pm, 12:30pm-8:30pm
• Night shift hours are 5pm-10am (these usually occur once a week)
• Weekends are 1 in 8 (8.30am Saturday- 10am Monday)
• Half weekends are 1 in 8 Saturday 8:30am-2pm
• Days off are given in return for weekends worked the following week. One day for a half weekend and 3 days for a full weekend
• The phones go over to Vets Now at 9pm weekdays and 5pm weekends and bank holidays
A varied caseload can be expected to help enhance your skill set and you would work alongside a supportive and friendly team. Salary £25,000 - £27,000 depending on experience.
We have excellent surgical and diagnostic equipment that will allow you to gain experience and give your patients the best care. Separate dog and cat wards, isolation unit, ICU area with state of the art ICU unit, ultrasound facilities, digital x-ray including dental and multiparameter GA monitoring equipment. We have great links to the M25 and M3 with the beautiful Windsor great park on our doorstep.
We are a team of 5 vets, 4 RVN's and 3 SVN's, dedicated reception team, a client care manager, an insurance administrator, a practice manager and cleaners - allowing our nurses to nurse! We have orthopaedic specialists who come to practice, preventing our clients having to go elsewhere and giving the nursing team an opportunity to be involved in referral orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeries. We are a busy and fast paced practice but a very down to earth and fun team who like to socialise when we can whether that’s at our summer BBQ or a pub quiz!
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills. You must be able to demonstrate honesty with compassion and a caring approach. We are looking for someone who is happy to work on their own initiative as well as within the team, with a confident down to earth personality. Previous hospital experience is desired but not essential as full training and support will be provided.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.