Looking for a change?
For better work-life balance?
To be a part of a fabulous team?
Want to help drive a successful practice further?
We are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join our family in Shinfield, Reading and help us progress our practice further. Full time preferred, but part time available for the right candidate. We offer 15 minute consults, time allocated for admin tasks and protected lunch breaks. CPD is actively encouraged with allowance and paid days off. A 4 day week (either 8am-6pm or 9am-7pm) with only 1 in 4 weekends and no OOH.
We are an independent minded, family feel, well equipped small animal practice with the full back up of corporate resources. Reading is a thriving city surrounded by beautiful countryside, with excellent transport links to London/ surrounds. We have 3 other experienced vets, 5 RVNs and a wonderful practice manager, plus many support and client care staff.
What are we looking for? We are looking for a confident vet who has excellent communication skills, who is a team player and who has oodles of enthusiasm. A passion for surgery is advantageous.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata):
- Generous holiday allowance
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To submit your application click the apply button.