We’re looking for vets or vet nurses to join our team (which includes 6 vets and an RVN) working in PR and Marketing, supporting veterinary businesses of all kinds. Experience in marketing or PR is preferable but not essential as full training and support is provided. The successful candidate will be a skilled writer and familiar with some aspects of digital marketing, as well as having a passion for high quality communication. The role is based in our offices in Bury St Edmunds, for at least three days per week, with some working from home available. There is considerable scope to progress within the group and to attain high levels of competence, as well as to develop individual areas of expertise.
Our PR and Marketing agency is dedicated to veterinary, farm and pet trade businesses. Established in 2002, we have worked with companies of all sizes, from multi-national pharma and pet nutrition, to small start-ups. Our team includes vets and vet nurses who have gained significant experience in all aspects of PR, digital and traditional marketing.
We invest in developing and upskilling our team on an ongoing basis and have a strong spirit of collaboration.
Our offices are located in the centre of this attractive market town, well served by independent shops and restaurants.
As an account manager you will be working closely with our clients in the veterinary world and beyond. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy and PR programmes that deliver value and help businesses to grow.
Working with minimal supervision, responsibilities include but will not be exclusive to:
- Work closely with clients to understand their business, ensure work is progressing well with high levels of satisfaction and grow the account over time to support the client’s objectives.
- To develop annual plans for your accounts and ensure they are executed to high quality standards
- Ensure all work is carried out within budget, all relevant information is recorded and that information is provided to allow invoicing to be done correctly and in a timely manner.
- To be aware of return on investment for the client and ensure activities reflect their needs. Propose any change in strategy to the Director, which may be needed in order to align with client objectives.
- To maintain regular contact with the client through scheduled meetings, calls or emails.
- Full range of writing skills, including social media, presentations, press releases, newsletters, website copy and features.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with relevant journalists and publications and to create and be aware of opportunities available to clients on a regular or seasonal basis.
- Adopt new developments and techniques within the communications sector such as online initiatives, planning and research methods.
- To be responsible for monitoring the achievement of KPI's and presentation of results.
- With the support of senior management, to be able to handle any potential issues in such a way as to maintain positive reputation.
Our ideal candidate will be creative and driven to deliver value for our clients. An avid interest in marketing and business and an understanding of return on investment is essential. While writing powerful copy forms a big part of this role, it is by no means the only aspect and you will need to work closely with clients to help them to meet their objectives. Strong personal communication is a ‘must’ in order to support clients and build confidence in the service.
25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Flexible working available
RCVS subscription paid
Please send a covering email, CV and an example of something you have written (article or blog).
To submit your application click the apply button.