Medivet Yateley is a modern well-equipped practice that offers a wide range of services including laparoscopic surgery and referral cardiology. The branch is linked to practices within the area that specialise in orthopaedic, dermatology, feline medicine and ophthalmology. The practice is situated approximately 20 minutes from Bracknell and Reading and is easily accessible via the M3.
We are currently looking for a lead vet to lead and support the Yateley Medivet practice as our current lead vet is relocating to New Zealand!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Vet with extensive clinical experience who is seeking to take their next career step. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver outstanding care and service and strengthen the relationship between the branches and the wider Medivet community.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not exclusively:
• Management of a team of vets, including performance management and CPD plans.
• Working alongside the regional teams to plan an efficient rota.
• Maintaining high clinical standards.
• Review of profit and loss accounts alongside the regional team.
• Investigation and management of complaints.
• Identifying business opportunities for practice growth.
• Identifying ways in which the clinic can improve and acting upon these in a cost-efficient way.
• Working alongside the head nurse to ensure that the nursing team is running in the most efficient and appropriate way.
• Liaising closely with the regional team to ensure correct implementation of Medivet policies and procedures.
• Building relationships between all staff and the local 24 hour hospital to encourage implementation of the “Medivet Model”.
• Ensuring a client and patient-care focussed culture exists within the practice
The position is working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends.
Basic salary £55,000 per annum
Accommodation allowance £9,000 per annum
Vehicle Allowance £2,500 per annum
CPD allowance: £1,500 per annum + 3 days CPD leave per annum
RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid by Medivet
5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet, offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package. We’ll also look after you with a company vehicle and accommodation allowances. A generous CPD allowance is also designed to drive your progress, balanced by 5 weeks annual holiday allowance (FTE).
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.