Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Veterinary Surgeon to join us at Medivet Camberwell.
Medivet Camberwell is a lovely, bustling hospital which sees a mixed caseload, including first opinion cases and referrals from our nine surrounding clinics.
We are seeking someone with a minimum of 2 years UK small animal experience (or equivalent) confident in their recommendations, competent in spays and castrates with a pet and client-centric approach! Exceptional communication skills is a must to build strong relationships with both clients and colleagues.
In this role you will have the support from a fantastic team including cert holders in soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, endosurgery and internal medicine.
Salary and hours:
- 4-day week (09:00-19:00) with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Fair share of bank holiday duties
- Fair share on-call (approx. 3 weeks of the year - if required) to support our dedicated Night team at Camberwell
- Salary package of up to £55,000 per annum DOE (includes £12,000 housing allowance and vehicle or £2,500 allowance)
- £1500 CPD leave with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership fees
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Additional benefits includes: Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service, Company discounts and reward scheme, Access to Employee Assistance Programme, Additional benefits, including 100% attendance scheme and ‘peternity’ leave.
Medivet Camberwell is a bright and spacious, excellently equipped clinic in South London.
We have a friendly team, made up of 7 Vet Surgeons, 8 Nurses including 2 SVNs and 1 PCA and 4 Client Care Assistants plus Locum colleagues.
We take pride in our collaborative approach and you you will be able to call upon our experienced vets for advice, including Certificate Holders on-site and through our wider network of colleagues.
We have separate dog and cat wards, isolation and two operating rooms. Equipped with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, bronchoscope and endoscope, blood pressure machine, ECG, full lab including microscope, haematology and biochemistry analyser, bone kit as well as full ex-lap kit including suction and diathermy and lap spay equipment plus CT imaging.
Here, you can enjoy a purpose-built hospital which is only a few years old, providing a fantastic modern space to work in! There is also a lovely big staff area for lunches and shower room for those of you who wish to cycle to work or freshen up before a you head out into the capital.
All out-of-hour care is managed by Camberwell hospital on site.