We are looking for an experienced RVN to join our team and support our two vets and nursing colleagues in our growing Kennington branch. We are positioned in a vibrant area of London, with great access to public transport and local amenities. You will be working alongside an experienced and compassionate team who have a passion for building strong bonds with their loyal and growing number of new clients but truly live the values of work-life balance.
Training is important to our culture, so we are looking for someone happy to be a clinical coach to support the team in their development whilst being keen to develop their own skillset. Full training will be provided if you have no prior coaching experience.
The role is full time (40 hrs.) with a Saturday rota of 1 in 3 once you are settled in, no nights or on call, as this service is provided by our Stone Lion Hospital, where you will also have an opportunity to spend some time. If you thrive on providing support to vets, clients and your team, love your time both in theatre and also providing great pet care advice to clients and you believe that life is better with pets then our company culture could be ideal for you.
Our salary range is £23,000-£32,000 depending on experience. In addition, we offer paid CPD- with 2 full or 3 -part days CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice, and in some roles, we can support study for nursing certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Paid BVNA membership, RCVS and VDS fees.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
In 2022 we will celebrate our 70th Birthday and we remain, the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK with 44 clinics, 3 hospitals and our own nurse training college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘Friendly, supportive, flexible, Goddards have always been there for me to celebrate the good times (qualifying as a Veterinary Nurse which they put me through my training for) and supportive /listening to me through difficult times (whether personal or work related). Extensive, up-to-date equipment to provide gold standard care for all animals and a very well put together team of Vets, Nurses and VCAs to care for the animals. Everyone works as a team; everyone has a voice and can help make changes /improvements if required. I have never felt so at home whilst at work. I have not closed the door to Goddards, for now, I need to change jobs for my own reasons, I hope to be back at Goddards one day. Fair pay, flexible hours (always consider individual needs) and everyone treated as an equal. Good holiday, great benefits scheme, provide good training and good CPD allowance.’ Former employee Dec 2020- *credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens for an informal chat or apply now.