Our culture is one of gold standards in all we do, forward-thinking development of the practice and unleashing the potential of our whole team. We have big ambitions about what we do and where we are going!
Do you want to join us for the journey too?
Our team has grown massively over recent years and there are 12 Vets (double the number from 2014), 13 VNs and 21 admin and clinical support staff who work in three sites across North Somerset in Portishead, Nailsea and Yatton (all 20-30 minutes south of Bristol).
If you like ultrasounds, laparoscopic surgery and dental procedures then perfect as we have invested in all the usual toys such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray, tonometry, piped gases, multi-parameter monitoring and full laparoscopy tower which integrates with our scopes. We have relocated, purpose-designed, and built two of our three sites within the last few years, and the last practice had a facelift and redesign last month so we can truly offer a fantastic working environment.
We love to develop people and our attitude to CPD is more “why wouldn’t you want to”. It would be a bonus if you already had a Post Graduate Certificate, but we don’t mind if you are working towards getting there as our three Certificate holders (including two Advanced Practitioners), and four more currently undergoing Certificates can help show you how they are rocking it! Pre-COVID this meant that our vets were actively encouraged to use their top-notch communication skills to ask clients to follow them if they were working at multiple sites.
Moreover, with all this brain power around it also means we are developing a first-class internal referral service which helps to progress everyone’s knowledge and understanding while clients get the best service - win/win! If you have those hard-earned extra letters after your name already, then maybe you want to develop your teaching potential with a desire to help us implement new clinical standards or enhance the gold standards we believe in.
This is a full-time position.
If you love people, we want to speak with you! Yes, animals too, that would also be good!
We are looking for a vet who:
- Will hit the ground raring to go – we love learning so bring your best ideas
- Loves a busy and varied case load perhaps with an area of interest which is crying out to be nurtured and developed
- Enjoys being part of a caring team inside and outside of work – Yes, we do love the team!
- Is comfortable with surgery and dentistry, and keen to be excellent if not so already
- Sees doing our own out of hours service as an amazing opportunity for personal development, enjoyment of case continuity and giving the client/patient the numerous benefits of in-house emergency care
- Can communicate complicated clinical options with clarity and compassion - Communication is one of our buzz words!
- Loves the challenge of complex medical and inpatient work, supported by amazing colleagues whose certificate level knowledge oozes from every corner of the practice
- Has good knowledge and understanding of our feline friends and bunny buddies (we have ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and Silver RWAF Awards)
- Thrives in a conscientious yet flexible and friendly working environment
- Wants proactive, supported career progression to develop those skills even more
- Is fun and easy-going while working hard to get everything done
- Sees there is more to a job advert than a boring list of obvious stuff (yes, OK, of course we do also have all this stuff sorted out…)
- Wants to work for an independent practice whose owners are committed, enthusiastic and 100% involved in all areas of the business
- Would jump at the chance of a fulfilling role in a well-equipped modern forward-thinking practice which has the aim of being the practice of choice for clients, pets and staff!
Salary will be dependent on sparkle factor and overall package includes all normal boring stuff - Pension, CPD, cake, holiday allowance, RCVS fees etc. This practice never stays still so it may be time to ask yourself if YOU are the superstar our team is looking for?
Please prepare your best joke and send CV and cover letter explaining your star qualities. No agency applications will be considered.
To submit your application click the apply button.