We are looking for an enthusiastic small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team. This is a full time position working 4 days a week plus a share of OOH. The role works across all three branches - the main hospital in Newbury and smaller branches in Tadley and Thatcham. All are equipped for surgical procedures and diagnostic imaging.
Donnington Grove Veterinary Group is a large Practice based in Newbury, Berkshire located 20 minutes’ walk from the town centre and not far from open countryside. Based within the same location is a Small Animal first opinion Practice and an Equine Referral Hospital. You will be working within a large experienced team; 7 of which are Certificate holders in medicine, ophthalmology, imaging and surgery.
The successful candidate will have substantial experience working within a first opinion practice and used to working in a busy and varied environment. In addition to your excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people oriented person, who is willing to support and guide your colleagues.
Benefits (subject to pro rata):
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.