Administrative Assistant – 12 month fixed term contract
An opportunity has arisen for an administration role in a busy referral veterinary practice in small animal behavioural medicine working under the direction of the Practice Manager and the Office supervisor. Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of IT and in particular of Microsoft Word, Power point and Excel. The successful candidate will be a first point of contact for Behavioural Referrals Veterinary Practice and so will be required to have a professional approach.
The successful applicant will be comfortable working as part of a small team, have an eye for detail and a logical approach to administration duties.
• Use a range of software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
• Create and manage digital and paper filing systems
• Answer email and telephone customer enquiries
• Take payments via card machine
• Manage diaries
• Be responsible for ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed and collated prior to client appointments and liaise with the clinical team in this regard
• Adhere to confidentiality policy and GDPR regulations at all time
• Perform additional administration duties as required
Behavioural Referrals Veterinary Practice offers a referral service in small animal behaviour medicine. Practice Principal Sarah Heath BVSc PgCertVE DipECAWBM(BM) CCAB FHEA FRCVS is both an RCVS and an EBVS ® European Veterinary Specialist in Behavioural Medicine as well as a Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist. She was made a Fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in recognition of her work in establishing behavioural medicine as a veterinary discipline. Sarah and the supporting team of veterinary surgeons, offer a comprehensive service in the diagnosis, treatment and management of behavioural disorders. The tailor-made behavioural modification programmes are complemented by a follow up service provided by the team of rehabilitation trainers.
Experience working the veterinary field (desired)
1-year administration experience
To submit your application click the apply button.